Go to Banana Muffin Recipe

Hello loves!

I know, I know it has been a HOT MINUTE since I posted something. And I do apologize for being MIA. I will go into this funk further in the future, I’m still trying to wrap my head around this thing that hit me like a truck and threw me off.

For now though, I’ll be sharing with you guys my go to banana muffin recipe. Whenever I find bananas that are about to go bad at home, I whip this recipe out (from my phone, lol) and make banana muffins (or bread, you know, whatever floats your boat. J).

What you’ll need:

One large mixing bowl
Spatula
Muffin tray
Baking spray
*Optional: Hand or stand mixer

 
Ingredients:

4 Bananas (Ripe and mashed)
1 Egg
1 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
A of Pinch Salt
2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
1/3 Cup Butter (Unsalted)
¾ Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
*If you like something that you can bite into add half a cup of your desired nuts.

Once you have gathered your ingredients and the tools and materials you need. Pre-heat your oven to 175-180 C.

Cream your butter, sugar, mashed bananas and vanilla together. Then add your egg to the mixture. Mix at medium speed if you’re using a stand or hand mixer, if you’re mixing this by hand, just make sure not to whip the mixture to hard because we don’t want the batter to have too much air in it. Once you have mixed all your wet ingredients together start adding your dry ones. Add half of the serving of flour first with the salt and baking soda, mix at medium speed. Then add the rest of the flour at medium speed. After mixing all your ingredients together, oil (or butter) your tray – I’m using a baking spray that smells like butter, OMG, it smells so flipping good, I wish I could share it with you guys!

 
This is the baking spray I was talking about.
Also, please ignore the Christmas oven gloves, we're a little trigger happy with Christmas stuff at home. Lol.

Anyway, once everything is good and ready, fill up the muffin tin with the batter about ¾ through. Once you filled the tray with batter, put it in the oven and set your timer for about 15 minutes (medium sized muffins, if you’re using a smaller muffin tin cook it for 10-15 minutes, if you’re using a larger tin cook it for about 20-25 minutes), then check with a toothpick if it’s done. Add 2-3 minutes if the muffin isn’t done yet.

 

Hope you guys enjoy this! Tag me on Instagram if you try making this and found it helpful.

Until my next post (there will be one next week. I promise. J)

XO

Sheel L.

Comments

Popular Posts