Quinoa Salad

Hello loves!

Welcome back to my blog. Sorry this post is a few days late, I was traveling and am just starting to get back my footing. I will be away for a month or so, but I think we are all good now. 😊

Anyway, let’s get on with it. This week I will be sharing a recipe with you guys of a pasta salad I found online but I changed things up to create this Quinoa Chicken Salad.

Things that you will need – my version of this recipe vary, I don’t really measure food when I cook, I only do it when I’m baking.


-       Quinoa – about 2 cups this will usually fill up a lock and lock container, the large one
-       Cooking oil – nothing too fancy for this one we just need it to sauté things
-       EVOO – for the dressing
-       Parmesan Cheese
-       Sriracha
-       Lemon
-       A little honey – but I used agave for this recipe
-       Garlic Salt
-       Chicken Breast – for the salad and the chicken broth (I prefer making my own broth 👍)
-       Chicken Stock/Broth
-       Corn
-       Tomato
-       Garlic & Onion

I typically start with making a broth but I forgot to take a photo of the broth I made. 👎 I just boil a pot of water add 2 chicken bones that has a little meat on it, the bones that was left from the chicken breast fillet. I then add garlic, onion, pepper and salt. I let it boil for about 20 minutes and let it sit until it cools. 

The following photos are for quinoa:


Heat up pan add cooking oil, sauté garlic and onion


Add the chicken, cook until golden brown but remember to remove it before you add the quinoa


Add the quinoa then the broth, then wait until the quinoa softens and let it cool before adding the chicken, corn and tomato in


While waiting for the quinoa to cool down, whisk in the lemon juice with the EVOO, add salt and pepper the add in the sriracha last


Okay, this was not the one I made up there 👆, this one is a vegetarian version of the same salad. 😊

That's it for this week's blog. I hope you guys enjoyed this. I will see you guys next Wednesday. 

XO
Sheel L.

Comments

Popular Posts