Travel Makeup Kit

Hello loves!

Welcome back to my blog. I originally planned writing something related to eating healthier, in connection to my last post. But I realized that I will be travelling (a loooong haul travel type of travel) out of the country next week and it has been a hot minute since I last made a post about makeup and product recommendations. I have 9 products that I will be sharing with you guys, I know that’s a lot, but this is what I typically use when I just need to “look alive”. And after flying for more that 10 hours, I feel like I need to look alive. Lol. Anyway, before I go in to more detail about the makeup products I use, I highly, I mean HIGHLY recommend that you exfoliate and use a deep cleansing mask the night before your flight. That way your skin will feel fresh and clean before your trip because I guarantee you after sitting in a plane for more than 5 hours will make your skin feel congested and a little gross. With that being said, let’s get in to it!

(How cute is that pouch tho? Thanks ma! 😍)

Base

 


I usually clean my face with a wet wipe before I apply my makeup, and I usually do this before getting off the plane. I apply a moisturizer or a primer depends on the weather in my final destination. But I just usually carry my Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser mainly because this primer doesn’t feel heavy on the skin and isn’t drying. Since we’re not being technical here, I apply concealer next, Garnier BB Eye Roll On then apply my cream blush and liquid highlighter (products will be mentioned below) and set it with my L’Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Powder in the shade W3 and a kabuki brush to apply the powder with. However, if I do decide to use a foundation he next product is usually a BB cream but in the past year I’ve enjoyed using the L’Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder in True Beige. This product feels like applying water on your skin but it dries down a powder texture. Again, applying foundation would depend on what the weather is like and how my skin feels toward the end of the flight.

Cheeks



I will apply the following products before I set my face with the powder because even if we are not being technical with applying my makeup it wouldn’t blend well applying liquids and creams after powder. The product that I usually take with me is the Missha Sheer Liquid Blusher in No. 4 Vivid Coral. I love using this on days when I don’t want to look super made up, but still want to look like I made an effort looking put together. I prefer using cream blushers over cheek tints because they give me a dewy/glowy look in comparison to tints where they just make you look rosy, a cream blusher makes you look healthier. This next product is a little “extra” and is not really a necessity in a travel makeup bag, it’s the ELF Shimmering Facial Whip in Spotlight, but to be honest I prefer the shade Lilac Petal but this is the one available when I made the purchase. The shade Spotlight is a little over the top for just using in the airport when you arrive in your final destination, however it does get a little “dull” when you set your face with a powder. The important thing that I loved about this product is how it applies, looks and feels on my skin. And that’s REALLY important in my opinion.

Lips and Eyes



I only have three products that I want to mention here, I don’t go over the top on the eye and lip area when I fly. I only use the Maybelline Baby Lips in Berry Crush because this lip balm has a slight tint when I apply it and make my lips look healthy. For the eye area, I only use a mascara and an eyebrow pencil, the mascara is the Estee Lauder Sumptuous Knockout Defining Lift and Fan Mascara (wow, that’s a mouthful. Lol) in 01 Black. This product, I got for free from a purchase but I will definitely get the full size next time. I love the wand in this mascara and it makes my eye look a little more awake, because it does lift my lashes. The last product is my eyebrow pencil from Mumuso the Detailed Triangular Eyebrow Pencil in #5 Red Coffee. I fell in love with this product instantly because it’s very pigmented and creamy and it’s HELLA CHEAP. 99 Pesos for a good makeup product?! Uhm… YES PLEASE! 🙌 The only thing that I don’t like about it is the packaging, once you take the tag off the name of the product and color is gone too.

These are the products that I carry with me on the plane in my handbag/backpack. However, these products are not the only products that I take with me when I travel. That list will definitely be longer than this. Hehe

Anyway, I hope this was both helpful and enjoyable.

Thanks for reading! 💚

XO

Sheel L.

Comments

Popular Posts