CURRENT BEAUTY FAVORITES

Hello loves!

Over the last few months I have been trying out some products (new products for me) and testing them out to see if they agree with my skin, and my skin under the temperature of Manila. The weather in the city where I live in is very harsh for girls like me, ya know chicas who sweat a lot, gets hot easily and has a tendency to get oily throughout the day.

I listed the products that I have been loving lately below and the reasons why I love them.

Enjoy!

1. PHYSICIAN’S FORMULA BUTTER BRONZER’
This bronzer was a recent purchase for me but I have been using it literally every day since I got it. One of the reasons why I love this particular bronzer so much is the smell. Oh. My. God. I’m not even kidding it smells like a beach vacation. It smells coconutty (Lol. That’s not a word). When I apply it on my face after setting my foundation it doesn’t look chalky or ashy on my face and blends in seamlessly. And the actual texture of the powder feels so creamy and buttery that I don’t mind spending a little more on this drugstore bronzer. However, there is a downside to this bronzer – its color selection. Honestly if I get any darker that I am right now it wouldn’t show up on my face. But other than that I give this bronzer 5 golden stars. 🌟

2. L’OREAL PURE CLAY MASK – PURIFY & MATTIFY
What can I say about this facemask? This clay mask has been around for a few years now but since I don’ t have access to certain products here I wasn’t able to try it out until late last year (around November 2016). Anyway, at first I didn’t know how I felt about it because there was a cooling and tingling sensation on my face when I apply it. But the more I use it the firmer and softer my face got. And I would take anything that would have a mattifying effect on my face.

3. THE FACE SHOP MIRACLE FINISH OIL CONTROL WATER CUSHION – NATURAL BEIGE
I’m sure I’m not the only girl around who has a hard time looking for a BB or CC cream that would help lessen the look of oiliness on my face. I mean honestly, combine the tropical weather and the tendency of my skin to become a little greasy I have given up entirely on finding a BB or CC cream that would jive with my skin. Then I heard about this cushion CC cream that claims to “control my oils”, so I gave it a try. And let me tell you something, I’m so glad that I gave this a try. The finish isn’t matte but you wouldn’t be looking like a grease ball at the end of the day. It’s lightweight but has sheer to medium coverage and you can build it up without looking cakey. And the best thing is it has SPF. And that’s something we should always, I mean ALWAYS remember to apply on our skin.

4. BYS HIGHLIGHTING TRIO – 01 ILLUMINATE
This palette has 3 shades, shimmery highlighters and one matter powder. I love using the matter powder to set my eyes for eye shadow and my under eye after concealer. It doesn’t cake up my under eye and it’s not patchy. For the shimmery highlight – there are no chunky glitter and it blends well with my skin. What more can a girl ask for? 🌟

5. MAYBELLINE FIT ME MATTE + PORELESS FOUNDATION – 220 NATURAL BEIGE
Okay. So this has been my favorite foundation since I first tried it out. I don’t have much to say about this because it does the job. It can be built up to a full coverage foundation and it won’t feel uncomfortable, like it’s just sitting on top of your face. Although it claims to be matte, the finish is more of a semi-matte but it has a flawless and smooth finish, whether you apply it with a brush of a sponge. Five golden stars for this product. 🌟

6. LIL SCRUBBIES FACIAL CLEANING SCRUB
This one comes in a packaging of 2 and I randomly found it at a Five Below when I was in the US recently. I love it because it’s not harsh on my face, it’s easy to clean and it does the job. What more can I say?

7. L’OREAL PURE CLAY MASK – DETOX & BRIGHTEN
Same with the purify and mattify clay mask, I wasn’t able to try this product when it first came out. But after trying it once I got hooked. I loved how my skin felt every time I use this. It does the job. It detoxifies my skin and I can see that it actually pulls the oils on my skin and cleanses it. Sometimes when I feel like my pores are clogged and can’t breathe, I just slap this on my face wait 15 to 20 minutes then wash it off, and after that my skin feels fresh and clean. 🌟

8. NEUTROGENA ULTRA SHEER DRY TOUCH SUNSCREEN
Like I said earlier SPF or sunscreen should be a part of our daily routine with or without makeup. The UV rays are harmful to our skin and preventing anything from happening is better than looking for a cure. Am I right? Anyway, similar to other products it’s hard to find one for yourself that would do the job and then some. For us oily girls we want something that would help protect our skin but wouldn’t make us look like a greasy mess. This product lives up to its name. The formula is not at all thick and the skin absorbs it quickly. Thumbs up to this one.

If you’ve reached this far, thank you for reading and I hope this was both informative and helpful. I would hope to do this kind of post every few months.
XO
Sheel L.

PS
I’m including links to my social media below.

Hope to see you there. 💚

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sheellamar/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/lamarholla

Comments

Popular Posts