Kiko Cosmetics Haul + First Impression

Do you remember being young and visiting a toy store or a candy store and feeling excited, like there are butterflies in your tummy excited? That's exactly how I felt when I walked in the Kiko Cosmetics Store three and a half months ago when I visited Rome with my family. And boy was I freaking overwhelmed with the amount of products in the store!

(Mini haul from Kiko Milano)
I wasn't able to get too many things from the store because I was afraid that they may not fit in my carry on bag (yes, I carry my makeup with me).  I tested and swatched the products that I got from the store. I will also include a mini review on the products as I mention them.

Items I purchased
9 single High Pigmented Wet & Dry Eyeshadow singles
3 Magnetic palettes that can hold 3 of the single eyeshadows
1 Matte Face Base
1 Unlimited Foundation w/ SPF 15
1 Luxurious Waterproof Mascara
1 Super Colour Eyeliner

Okay, first, let's talk about the high pigment wet & dry eyeshadows that I purchased from Kiko. The singles were on sale when I got them and they were around 3,50 euros (I checked their website, they're around 4,10 now, on sale from 5,90), when converted to PHP they're around 200-250 pesos and for the amazing quality that they were, this purchase was a freaking STEAL! I

All of the wet and dry eyeshadow singles can be popped off of their containers and be placed on a magnetic palette. Kiko sells magnetic palettes that can hold 3 of the individual eyeshadows for 4,90 and each palette as a decent sized mirror that you can use when you apply your eyeshadow.  I swatched all the eyeshadows and took photos with and without flash and attached them below

The first set of swatches below are the single eyeshadows, the only negative thing that I can say about them are how they're named, actually the lack of names, they only have numbers, but I don't think that's such a big deal. I just prefer labeled things (it's a personal thing).

What's inside palette number 1? Bone color shimmer (#16), mint green shimmer (#86), blue shimmer (#27) basically all the shimmers that I got are all in this palette. I used #16 as a brow bone highlight on the look that I created using the makeup I got. And holy makeup are they freaking pigmented! They do say that they can be used both wet and dry, I've only tried them dry so the jury is still out with how they will turn out wet. But ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ to the quality of these palettes.

(L: With Flash, R: Without Flash)

What's in palette number 2? Matte bright red (#21), matte orange (#44), matte peach (#43). I used the peach color, and it's a perfect transition shade for a natural look (although, I didn't really create a natural/everyday eye look. lol)
With flash and primer
Without flash and with primer
What's in palette number 3? Cool tone brown (#10), Warm brown (#47), cream shade with a pink undertone (#42).
Without flash and with primer

With flash and primer

I was also able to purchase a face base - primer, a matte face base. The texture of the face base is a smooth, silicone-y. There were three available variants of face bases - matte, radiant and skin tone face base. I choose the matte one because my skin type is combination/oily and I always look for any product that would mattify my skin. One thing that I really loved about this product was how it felt on my skin, it was mattifying but it didn't feel dry on my skin either. The cost of the primer was 9,90 euros.

(Without flash)

Next to the single eyeshadows the next product I will share is my second favorite product from the haul which was the Unlimited Foundation w/ SPF 15. The foundation's finish is satin but it didn't look oily when I applied it (applied it with a brush then blended with a beauty blender), also, any foundation bottle that has a pump gets 👍👍 from me. This product is currently on sale on the Italian Kiko Cosmetics website for 4,00 euros, but I got mine for 14,90 euros. This bottle contains 1.01 FL.OZ. or 30 ml. 

 (Bottle 
 (With flash)

The last two products I got are both eye products, one mascara and one eyeliner. The mascara is really good, mainly because it's waterproof and the brush bristles are rubber/plastic. The consistency of the product is not very watery but it isn't clumpy either. 👍👍 to the mascara from me. the eyeliner, however, isn't very good in my opinion, first because the applicator is a felt tip applicator. I thought the product was a shimmery type of eyeliner, but the liner had chunky glitter. Sad to say but this product gets 👎👎 from me. 





This is the look that I created using the products that I got (not ALL tho. Lol), this photo has no flash and I applied this around 10:30 in the morning.


Photo was taken around 8:30 PM after working out.



These are all the products that I purchased from the Kiko Cosmetics store in Rome, hope my insight on them helped. 💚

Until next Sunday!

XO

Sheel L.

Comments

Popular Posts