Sunday Bake Day

Hello loves! Welcome back to my blog, today I'm gonna share 2 recipes of  baked goodies that I made with my brother and his girlfriend last weekend. 💚 If you would like to know what we made please keep reading.


Okay, the first baked good we made were brownies. Honestly, I haven't really perfected a brownie recipe, yet, so I'm still trying to come up with a really good one. Bear with me, please! Lol. Anyway, this recipe I found wasn't the best, but it was good, maybe the next time I try to make one I can tweak and change it up a bit.

This brownie recipe calls for the following ingredients:
2 Eggs 
1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder (I mixed Hershey's Unsweetened cocoa powder and a house brand dark chocolate powder, if you like a richer/deeper chocolate taste)
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 Cup Butter (Softened)
1 Cup White Sugar (Modification: We didn't want the brownie to be extra sweet, so we used half a cup of brown sugar and fourth of a cup white)

First, you need to preheat your oven to 450 F and that's according to the recipe, but thats around 230 C (Metric. Lol). But since I own a gas powered oven I just light it up to the hottest then reduce it when it's time to bake.
Once you have measured all of your ingredients set aside your wet ingredients and start sifting the dry ones (powdered ones). Check Tip below the photo.


(Baby Boy - brother, at work, sifting them ingredients. 👌)

After mixing all the dry ingredients cream your soften butter and sugar together, once the mixture has been whipped add you vanilla whip then your eggs whip. When all the wet ingredients are combined slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixture. I usually cut the dry ingredients in half mix slowly  then add the rest.
When your batter is ready - DON'T. FORGET. TO. GREASE. YOUR. PAN.
Pour and level your batter, lower the temp of your oven, throw in the pan and set your timer to 20 to 25 minutes. Around minute 20 I check the brownies with a toothpick (clean ones please!) if they're done. You can serve them warm or cold, whichever way you prefer and best with vanilla ice cream. 💚

PS. You can mix all of the ingredients by hand but since I was given the Kitchen Aid mixer as a birthday present last year, y'all know Imma use it. Cause I'm basic. Lol.

(Tip: After sifting all your powder ingredients and combining them, fold, don't mix because the powder will lose all the air you have in them from sifting. 👌)

The second recipe is a  walnut oatmeal cookie recipe, and these are by far my favorite. I found the recipe online, on Pinterest, and modified them a little bit from what I have read and tried from previous recipes. 


This recipe calls for the following ingredients:
2 1/2 Cups Rolled Oats
1 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
3/4 tsp Baking Soda (We're adding baking soda because we're not using self raising flour. 😊)
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup White Sugar
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Salt
1 TBSP Vanilla
3/4 Cup Melted Butter (I use melted butter instead of softened butter to make softer cookies)
1/2 Cup Chopped or Whole Walnuts

First step is similar to the step we did with the brownies.
Melt the butter, in the microwave for 30 seconds or over the stove until melted. Then, set aside to cool for a littler bit. Then mix all the dry ingredients together. Set aside.
Pour the melted butter in a large mixing bowl, add sugar  mix add vanilla mix add eggs mix. Add dry ingredients mix. I chill the cookie dough for about an hour for extra thick cookies. SO GOOD, YO.
Grease. The. Pan. 
Get a spoonful go the cookie batter, and roll then into a golf sized ball.

(ALMOST THERE!)

Reduce the heat of the oven before you put the pans in. I only bake these for about 8 to 10 minutes so they'll be crispy/crunchy on the outside and chewy/soft inside. 

That's it for now. 

(Finished products with milk!)

I'll be adding a few "behind the scenes" photos below. For ya know, fun. Hope you liked this post.

(Left: Amani, folding that good good, Right: Me and Amani)




Thank you for reading!

XO
Sheel L.

Loving that good good. 💚

Comments

Popular Posts