Makeup Starter Kit



Hello loves!

Welcome back to my blog, today I will be sharing with you products that I recommend for those who are looking into starting their own makeup kit. I will only be talking about the makeup products on this blog, I am reserving makeup tools and holy grail skin care for future posts. I will also be including a photo of myself using most of the products from the kit. If you're interested, please keep reading. 💚


(Makeup starter kit. 👌)

PRIMER - Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Smoother


I highly, highly recommend the Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Smoother as a primer to create your first makeup kit. The formula is a lightweight gel and gives you a very smooth looking skin. It also mattifies the skin but doesn't leave it dry.

(Clear gel substance)
Philippine drugstore price - P 299

FOUNDATION - L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Makeup
I like this makeup mainly because you can either blend it down to a sheer coverage foundation that would appear as your "second skin" or apply a few layers to build it put a full coverage foundation. And based on its name it is super bendable, it doesn't look cake-y on your face and it doesn't sit on top of your skin. However, it has an SPF in its formula which means there will be a white cast over your face when you are using flash photography. I don't recommend this particular foundation if you are going to events or parties but for an everyday foundation, I highly recommend this.

(I use the shade W4 - Natural Beige)
I have a warm undertone which means the shades of foundation I use has a yellow undertone, which applies to many Filipinos out there. Make sure that you are using the correct undertone/shade of foundation that would match your neck and the rest of your body instead of matching the shade to your face.
Philippine drugstore price - P 599, on sale for P 450

CONCEALER - NYX HD Concealer & LA Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer
I have two concealer recommendations because the NYX one is not available in all local drugstores and can only be found in SM Department Stores and NYX Boutiques in SM Malls. Anyway, both concealers are HD and has a wide range of color selection. The NYX has a lighter formula of the LA Girl one but both has good enough coverage and does not cake on your face. They both don't crease under your eyes and on your lid as long as you set them with powder. I prefer the LA Girl concealer if you need a full coverage concealer and is a dupe for the MAC Pro long wear concealer - consistency wise. 

(Left: NYX HD Concealer - CW 5, R: LA Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer - Creamy Beige)
Philippine Drugstore price - NYX: P 499, LA Girl - P 320)

POWDER - Maybelline White Super Fresh 

This powder contains SPF too (SPF 34), which means that you should avoid using this whenever you are going to parties or events because there will be flashbacks in flash photographs. However, I highly recommend this if you are using this during the day and want to look fresh throughout the day because it doesn't cake on your face, even if it is a cake type of powder (you can use it wet or dry). Lol. 
(Forgot to take a photo of the actual product with a swatch. Lol)

Philippine drugstore price - P 299 on sale for P 249

BRONZER, BLUSH & HIGHLIGHT - ELF Blush and Bronzing Duo & Shimmering Facial Whip

This duo is a dupe for the Nars Laguna bronzer and it's a good bronzer for beginners because you can also use it for contouring. The bronzer in the duo has a neutral tone to it but it has a sheen that can make a bronzy makeup look look glow but not shimmery. The blush on the duo is not my favorite but it is sheer enough and has a sheen for a health looking glow. And I wouldn't really recommend shelling out extra for a different blush when there's a good enough one in the duo.
(Duo in St. Lucia & Facial Whip in Spotlight)

The highlight that I'd recommend, although a highlighter is not a necessity for a starter kit is a liquid highlight from ELF that is a dupe for Benefit Cosmetics Beam Up. The shimmer in the highlighter is not chunky and not glittery. The formula is super blendable and very pigmented.
(Swatches L to R: Highlight, Blush & Bronzer)

Philippine drugstore price - B&B Duo: P349, Highlighter: P 169


BROWS & LINER - Mumuso Retractable Brow Pencil, Maybelline Hypersharp Wing Liquid Eyeliner

I  discovered the Mumuso brow pencil from my cousin and when I found out that thing was only P99, you know I bought one to try it out ASAP. And I'm so happy that I did cause it has the same quality as the ones I get from The Face Shop or Etude House and it's way cheaper than those products. 

(Retractable Eyebrow Pencil in Coffee)

Philippine Drugstore price - P99


The eyeliner on the other hand I just saw while browsing the beauty counters at a mall one time and saw that it has a brush tip and I find the application is easier and more precise. I also prefer using a pen type of liquid liner because it gives me more control. It dries fast, has a matte finish and quickly dries, so thats an A+ for me!

(Hypersharp Wing in Black)

Philippine drugstore price - P 329

MASCARA - Maybelline The Colossal Volume Express & Nichido 7x Volume Curl Mascara

I'm recommending 2 mascaras because one is for volumizing and the other is for lengthening. Although you can purchase either, it just depends on your lash needs. Both are waterproof mascaras, which I LOVE.

EYESHADOW - LA Colors 12 Color Eyeshadow Palette

I highly recommend this as an eyeshadow palette for beginners because you can use it to create a toned down day time neutral look or build it up for a night time smoked out look. The pigmentation is good enough for its price. The only thing that I didn't like about the palette is matte black has chunk glitters on the palette but they don't appear when you swatch it using your fingers. I know, matte but it  has glitters, it's very confusing. Lol.


The shades aren't named so I can't list them down but here are swatches of the palette under artificial light.


Philippine drugstore price - P 299

LIPS - NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream & Wet n Wild MegaLast Lip Color

There are 3 lip colors that I would recommend and I highly suggest that anyone with a starter kit to get at least 3 different shades of lipstick for 3 different occasions and mood. 2 are from NYX an everyday pink shade and a bold red. The other one is from Wet n Wild beauty a skin toned nude. I'm not saying that a red cannot be used everyday but a red is usually a statement look, you can use it with minimal eye makeup or during date nights/parties and pair it with a brown smoky look. A nude lip is for a more toned down lip color. Finally, the pink is for more of a healthy glowing look that's why I called it an everyday pink because it's a neutral pinky shade.

(L to R: NYX SMLC Monte Carlo & Zurich, Wet n Wild Bare it All)

Philippine Drugstore Price - NYX: P 280, WNW: P 280

And that's a wrap, I hope the information that I shared helped if you're looking into starting your makeup kit or even if you're looking into adding a few items to your collection.


Here's a look I created using the "starter kit" using NYX Zurich on my lips. 💚

Thanks for reading!

XO 
Sheel L.

Comments

Popular Posts